SILK is the result of Research & Development by SRS to improve the surface finish of castings and represents the finest quality Investment Powder currently available. SILK uses the highest quality specially graded and selected raw materials all checked against specification by theSRS QC Laboratory. SILK offers the following benefits to the Jewellery caster:
- High purity raw materials graded and selected especially for jewellery lost wax casting.
- Increased refractoriness gives better thermal shock resistance during burnout and casting.
- More user friendly able to perform in a wider set of parameters.
- Suitable for all metals especially 18kt Gold or fine filigree work.
- Smoother surface finish - less polishing required.
- Includes all wetting & defoaming agents - no need to add before mixing.
- Smooth creamy consistency during mixing and pouring.
- SILK is easy to break out after casting.
For full instruction on how to use SILK please refer to the mixing and burnout instructions found in every bag or drum.
Technical Information - SILK
|Powder/water ratio||38 - 40%|
|Work time @ 22C||8 - 9 minutes|
|Initial set time||10 - 12 minutes|
|Thermal expansion @ 750C||0.73%|
|Setting expansion 2 hours||0.65%|
B/3, Girikunj Indstrial Estate, Near Paper Box, Off. Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri (East),, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400093, India