SILK™ is the result of Research & Development by SRS to improve the surface finish of castings and represents the finest quality Investment Powder currently available. SILK™ uses the highest quality specially graded and selected raw materials all checked against specification by theSRS QC Laboratory. SILK™ offers the following benefits to the Jewellery caster:
- High purity raw materials graded and selected especially for jewellery lost wax casting.
- Increased refractoriness gives better thermal shock resistance during burnout and casting.
- More user friendly able to perform in a wider set of parameters.
- Suitable for all metals especially 18kt Gold or fine filigree work.
- Smoother surface finish - less polishing required.
- Includes all wetting & defoaming agents - no need to add before mixing.
- Smooth creamy consistency during mixing and pouring.
- SILK™ is easy to break out after casting.
For full instruction on how to use SILK™ please refer to the mixing and burnout instructions found in every bag or drum.
Technical Information - SILK™
|Powder/water ratio||38 - 40%|
|Work time @ 22°C||8 - 9 minutes|
|Initial set time||10 - 12 minutes|
|Thermal expansion @ 750°C||0.73%|
|Setting expansion € 2 hours||0.65%|
B/3, Girikunj Indstrial Estate, Near Paper Box, Off. Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri (East),, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400093, India