Platinò is a one part phosphate bonded investment powder designed to be mixed with water. Platinò will withstand the high temperatures involved in casting Platinum. Platinum can be cast at temperatures exceeding 2200ºC leading to huge stress on mould materials in use.
It is essential that Investment powders maintain integrity and refractoriness at top temperatures so that fine detail is achieved on the finished parts.
Using actual platinum for test casting in it’s own “hot metal” laboratory, SRS have developed Platinò.
This new product has been specially designed for casting platinum at temperatures up to 2200ºC.
- Platinò is a one part investment powder
- Platinò is easy to use – no need to add liquid acids or binders – just add water
- Platinò will give excellent surface finish and reproduced fine detail
- Platinò uses quality controlled raw materials from our own quarry graded especially for lost wax casting
- Platinò is highly refractory giving good margins for error at very high temperatures in excess of 2000°C
- Platinò is available in a 25kg re-sealable container
For full instruction on how to use PLATINÒ™ please refer to the mixing and burnout instructions found in every bag or drum.
Technical Information - PLATINÒ™
|Work time||6 minutes|
|Initial set time||10 - 12 minutes|
|Thermal expansion @ 900°C||0.8%|
|Setting expansion € 2 hours||0.45%|
|Volume Yield per kg powder||795ml|
B/3, Girikunj Indstrial Estate, Near Paper Box, Off. Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri (East),, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400093, India